WHY to invest in GREECE now?
I’ve been making some thoughts that I want to share with you, in terms of why should someone buy property in Greece NOW!!, before he regrets not having done so:
• Because he recognises that the financial crisis won’t last forever but also that the low prices of Greek properties won’t last forever either.
• Because he considers Greece a unique destination due to its unparalleled island cluster offering a multitude of investment opportunities.
• He recognises Greece as one of the main tourist destinations globally (with a solid tourist infrastructure), something which if coupled with the current very attractive property prices (due to the financial crisis) that exist at the moment, results in some unbelievable real estate investment opportunities.
• Because he is a long term, strategic investor.
• Because he values historical and traditional sites in a pure and harmonious environment in a unique location combining sea and mountain.
• Because he believes that the modern Greek lifestyle represents an investment opportunity with extreme growth potential and thus there is space for new real estate development projects in Greece.
• Because he believes that Greece is a strong business hub bringing together three continents Asia, Europe & Africa while offering access to the EU, Russia and the former East European bloc countries.
• He believes that Greece offers a large pool of skilled, well-educated, and hard working labor force at competitive cost rates.
• He considers of using Greece as a base for business development for the Balcan Countries.
• He thinks that Greece will be the most important market for golf and cycling tourism in the Mediterranean in the next 10 years.
• He knows that Greece is blessed with stunning landscapes, unique environment and natural beauty, hospitable people and rich history, mythology and culture. These are excellent ingredients for developing quality tourism with upscale resorts of unique character that have made Greece stand out and be placed on the top of the list of quality tourist destinations in the world attracting high income level clientele from around the globe. With the above in mind, several companies have been very recently involved in real estate projects in Greece, some of which include: Swiss Golf Invest AG, Emerald Developments SA, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Plainfield Asset Management LLC, Dolphin Capital Partners, COSCO, The Stripe Group, Kempinski Hotels.
I want to close this post with a quote: “Big fortunes can be built at times when the economy is in crisis, as long as you spot and exploit the opportunities”.
FURTHER ADVANTAGES OF PROPERTY PURCHASE IN GREECE
• Climate: Greece offers more than 300 sunny days throughout the year. Even when it rains in winter, it doesn’t take long before the sun comes out again.
• Low crime rate: The quality of life is also characterized by a low crime rate andGreece has one of the lowest in Europe, especially in terms of burglary. This is of great importance not only for tourism but even more for property owners.
• Expensive alarm systems and insurances are not obligatory. The basis of life is to live together peacefully.
• Excellent beaches: Most ofthe beaches have been awarded with the Blue Flag, an award given by the European Community for cleanliness and excellent water quality.
• The landscape variety: Wherever you find yourself, you will experience the influence of the important past by the combination of sea and mountain ranges, the well developed tourist areas and remote mountain villages where tradition is a way of life.
• Low average population density: Especially on the Greek islands, i.e. Crete, the average population density is very low in comparison with other popular tourist areas such as Spain, Italy or France. On Crete the population density is 72/km² on average (on Mallorca it is more than 210/km²).
• Low industry: In Greece where industry is low means that there is no real problem with air pollution.
• Friendliness and traditional hospitality: It’s easy for foreigners to fit in because Greeks are adept at making you feel welcome and at home in their own country.
• Growth property market: The property market in Greece is a new up-coming market. Compared with other regions such as: Spain, Italy or France, house prices are good value and continue to increase.
• Protection of identity: Greece does protect its identity. There are no German or English settlements – so in Greece you always feel as if you are at home!
• No settlements: Foreigners are not interested in investing in settlements with apartments. Most of them seek houses and villas. They prefer to integrate with the Greek life style.
• Flights: During the season there are many cheap direct flights to Greece and you can reach most of the country including the islands without any problems. In winter the islands can be reached via a stop over at Athens International Airport.
• The lack of cheap flight tickets protects the country from weekend tourism with all its negative effects.
• English speaking population: English is a second language to the majority of Greeks. Hospitals and medical centres are of no exception and you will easily come across English speaking doctors.
• Positive view of life: It is perhaps the influence of Greece’s almost perfect climate that assures a positive view to life.
• High life expectancy: Life expectancy in Greece is one of the highest worldwide which is surely influenced by the famous healthy Cretan Diet.
• Sport activities: There is an abundance all the year round of outdoor sport activities made possible by the country’s ideal climate. For this reason, Greece is undoubtedly the perfect place for season preparation of professional athletes.
Original text from the link https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-invest-greece-now-axel-werner Author :Axel Werner Managing Director at “World of Properties”